Institution of origin
The Public Institution Advisory Council of Expertise (PI ACE – hereinafter) have been created under the Decision no.69 of March 29, 2012 of the Supreme Council for Science and Technological Development of the Academy of Science of Moldova, and registered at the State Registration Chamber on July 27, 2012, and began the activity on August 1, 2012.
PI ACE is an institution with financial autonomy, created in accordance with Article 79 of the Code on Science and Innovation of the Republic of Moldova which has been approved by the Law no. 259-XV of July 15, 2004.
The objective and activity of PI ACE is governed by the Partnership Agreement between the Government and the Academy of Sciences of Moldova.
Institution has the status of a legal entity, responsible in front of the Supreme Council for Science and Technological Development of the Academy of Sciences. Founder: Academy of Sciences of Moldova.
PI ACE has its own balance, bank account, including treasury account (in MDL) stamp, own logo and letterhead forms.
The purpose of PI ACE is the organization of expertise/evaluation of the science and innovation projects.
The expertise is organized by PI ACE through a system of actions, aimed at the analysis and examination of projects conceptions of state programs, innovation and technology transfer projects and project proposals within their projects of basic scientific research, applied scientific research, independent projects for the organization of scientific events, projects for publishing monographs / work value and folders on awards Academy of Sciences, scientifically drawing conclusions about the rationality and whether any of these projects at the expense of the state budget and other sources of funding .
Basic principles of Institution’s work:
· Transparency of expertise;
· The professional competence of scientific experts in the field;
· Objectivity, lack of conflict of interest and anonymity experts;
· Responsibility for the complete analysis and genuine expertise justification recommendations;
· Confidentiality and protection of intellectual property;
· Ethics and professional ethics.
In its activity, the PI ACE maintains a close collaboration with the following national institutions:
· Supreme Council for Science and Technological Development of the Academy of Sciences, in the execution of state policy in the field of research and development, innovation, development strategies and action plans and reporting on the activity of the institution.
· Centre for fundamental and applied research funding of the Academy of Sciences, in the management and the expertise process of the concepts of state programs and project proposals within their concepts fundamental research projects, applied scientific research, independent, institutional projects, project organization of scientific events, proposals for publishing monographs / work value;
· Agency for Innovation and Technology Transfer of the Academy of Sciences, in the expertise management of innovation and technology transfer projects, infrastructure and other proposals within them;
· Centre for International Projects of the Academy of Sciences, in expertise of organizing bilateral projects;
· Academy Departments of Sciences, in order to improve service and expertise resolving the issues related to the process of expertise;
· Central government bodies in development of process of expertise;
· Other entities in science (research institutions, universities, NGOs, etc.) in order to attract the scientific community in the development process expertise.
Supreme Council for Science and Technological Development of the Academy of Sciences, Center of Fundamental and Applied Projects Funding Agency for Innovation and Technology Transfer Centre International Projects announces public the contest objectives, conditions of participation and the formats for the submission of programs / projects in the competition. According to the project’s proposal that are received, considered their compliance eligibility conditions, then are transmitted IP CCE original and electronically to undergo the process of expertise.
PI ACE organizes and coordinates the expertise of projects received under the laws.